Helander Precision Engineering Ltd, based in Tewkesbury, specialises in the turnkey supply of complex finished parts manufactured from ‘difficult’ materials. Their services include a design-for-manufacture consultation, the provision of raw materials and fully validated manufacturing.
When it came to re-organising their production facility, it was appropriate to appoint a contractor who had experience in managing turnkey projects. The Redditch Partitions & Storage Co. Ltd. is a multi-discipline and multi-product provider specialising in supplying bespoke and standard workplace equipment. Both companies share an ethos of offering a concept-to-completion service to their clients, so the appointment was an easy one to make.
The description of works included:
- Site clearance and preparation
- Alterations to existing partitioning and doorways
- Adaptations to access stairways including fire protection and smoke detectors
- Provision of a new mezzanine floor including the preparation and application for Building Regulations approval
- The installation of fire-rated suspended ceilings
- Supplying new partitioning, floor coverings and decorations
- Remove, re-fit and provision of new electric and data cabling, lighting and power points
- Supplying, installing and commissioning an air conditioning system
As with all installations and especially with ones of this complexity, appropriate method statements and risk assessments were prepared and provided. Within 8 weeks from the receipt of the official order, the contract was completed, during which time normal operations continued without disruption.
Helander’s Lean Manufacturing Manager, Martin Speight commented, “Regular monitoring and site visits to ensure that the project was on track was a big contributor in the timely completion. This coupled with the after service care that Redditch Partitions & Storage Co. Ltd. provided meant that a seamless move of operations and people was achieved.”
Click here to download a pdf of this Case Study